Friday, April 13, 2012

Camp day 2 with my Dad

We packed all our food and clothes because we are leaving the holiday park. Next, we went to the Auckland museum! Then I saw this exhibition called "The Poisoners"! I asked my dad if we could go there. And he agreed. Then when we got inside, a detective with his magnifying glass came out. He said we need to solve the case of who murdered the brilliant scientist, Dr. Felix Splicer was murdered and how it happened. The scientist was killed by an insect or an animal or a poisonous plant.

There are four suspects. Toxica Fay Tully, Sharky Costeau, Helix Splicer[Felix's twin brother] and Anastasia Nastie. Five clues are hidden in each room of the four suspects. The clues are like this. Example: Ant+u-nut=a. So you gather up all the letters you find and unscramble them, then it's the weapon that killed the scientist! But first we must find who the poisonous thing belongs to. And it was the scorpion that belonged to Anastasia Nastie! We thought it was the scorpion fish that belonged to Sharky Costeau!

                            


After we solved the mystery, we went to to the Butterfly creek that we saw by the Auckland airport! Each of us needed to have a ticket bracelet to enter the creek. First we saw the aquarium filled with small and big fish. We also saw clown fishes in the anemone. Then we entered the butterfly house! It was hot and so warm. The air felt different. It's like my nose is blocked by the heat waves and I'm breathing heavily. Lots of butterflies landed on me and it felt creepy! One landed on my head! I saw lots of catterpillars as well!

We got out of the butterfly house and into the alligator's home! I saw that alligators can grow up to about the length of football net! I touched one of the younger alligators and the scale felt just like those leather boots people used too wear. Poor alligators. Used to make luxurious products. And I saw the alligators had goggle-like eyelids to swim under water. They open and close sideways! I wish I had one of those eyelids! Ordinary modern goggles are sort of uncomfortable! Then I'll have three eyelids!

When we left Butterfly creek, my dad rove us to the apple orchard restaurant! I was so hungry! Then when I took a look at the mantises! beside the second egg pouch, was another big egg pouch! It must have been made while we were in the car! It was made by Manty's friend, Mesh[Between Manty and Fresh]. So we went inside the the restaurant and ate beef, and other deliscious food! The orchard also had a cat! Her name was Susan! She was fat and chubby.

At night, we dropped dad and my little sister off at our house then me and mum could pick Tigress up from my friend's house. When we returned, A miracle happened! A butterfly just hatched! It was drying it's wings! I tried to free it and then a chrysalis fell down! It was about to hatch! I hoped it was still alive! I prayed for it to hatch. I was so sad. At least the caterpillar was still OK! Next morning, The butterfly hatched! So I freed it by putting it on the floer to suck nectar!

No comments:

Post a Comment