Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mantis miracle day1

17,march,2012
3.30 pm

I was riding my bicycle in front of my house. When my time was over, mom said "why don't you tidy the bushes growing too much". I used a pair of garden sissors with my little sister. It need to be extremely careful to not injure my sister.

When it was time to broom up and take all the mess to the garbage can, We saw a huge prey mantis with a big floppy belly! It was magnificent, a bug that I'd adore! I wondered if it was poisonous, but never mind that! It was a beauty!

We decided to keep it as a pet to see if it's a female and pregnant to grow the babies. A see through plastic container was fit for watching how the mantis lived. To let it breathe, the lid was little bit opened, and we sealed it.

I searched on the internet and saw that mantises ate moths, small spiders and other small insects. It was also called the insect eater. But to start, I just put some leaves and a few drops of water. because it was very late.



No comments:

Post a Comment