Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mantis miracle at school

 My class was admiring my tank and the new pray mantis, Fierce. I named it that because he survived when another female mantis ate her front leg! At lunchtime, my friend Jesse found a pray mantis that was a male one for me. It was fully healthy. No legs or body parts missing. It could fly as well! We also found a gigantic moth hanging on a wall! At first, I thought it was dead but when Jesse touched it, it was alive! He grabbed and didn't let go. Then we went to where the caterpillars are. Some were sealing itself for its chrysalis! I just love it when they do that! Because then we'll have butterflies flying through the school!

When we got back, wewaited infront of the classroom door until the bell rang. I might want to be an expert on insects and bugs when I grow up! And Jesse could be my assistant! Finnally it was time to go inside. When we put it in, he was very still. Paralyzed I could say! We were gone for running two laps on the field. Then we had to go to our syndicate assembly. When we were back, the male mantis was stuck on to Fierce! IT WAS MATING!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I'm gonna have another egg pouch! I took it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment