Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Astronomical club-1

One day, we found an astronomical club called Astronomical society, near Fergusson Park! The chief of the the club was Harry Tobias. I wondered if I could learn more about space! So I joined the club and became a member!

The first interesting thing that I've learnt there was how the moon was born! Because it was a very extraordinary way of how the planets crashed together and the moon plopped out! I also got to use the telescope! Icould see the cluster of stars and the very cool thing was watching Saturn with its rings and I could also see it's moons which there were so many!

After that we went out to see some constellations. I realised some constellations I saw were actually bigger than we thought! Finally, we watched a DVD about the moon. We realised that if the moon didn't exist, there would'nt be any waves. And it always orbits around the earth. when it was hometime, we got a star chart for watching the constellation! We decided to come here every two weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment