Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mantis miracle The little hatchlings!

It's been months now and the egg pouches haven't hatched. I started to think that it would be impossible to hatch! I waited so long, excited for them to hatch. It's like I've been waiting for ages! One day, when the school bell was about to ring, I saw some things small, white and cute. IT WERE BABY PRAYING MANTISES! They hatched from the first egg pouch! I wanted to shout but it was time to be quiet! Then the bell rung and I dashed off the hallway and went to my mum. She was so joyful! But when we went home, they started to die because they keep started to bump on the hard glass floor.

Then at lunchtime in my school, They started to hatch again! Some died but three still survived.When we got home, I put the babies in a container with sand and plant to make them cosy. My mum caught some aphids for them to eat. How grateful! So I planned to take the babies to school. I put a little label on the container written "Mantis nursery". Most of my friends were impressed of my hatchlings. Some just wanted to kill them. What a torture to nature! While I was in school, my mum saw the hatchlings hatch again! She showed me some of the photos to me. They were cool. They looked so wet when thay hatched first!

No comments:

Post a Comment